Whitehaven Coal has introduced an online system to manage the safety and compliance of contractors and their employees working on our sites.
At Whitehaven Coal, the health and safety of people on our sites is our priority. We’ve implemented an online contractor safety management system to categorise and manage contractors based on their work on our sites. The system will reduce risk and improve safety as part of our shared Work Health and Safety duty of care with contractors.
How does the system work?
All contracting companies working on our sites must first register in the Whitehaven Coal Contractor Management System. Companies must then register their employees who’ll work on our sites, and ensure they have the correct inductions.
To register, you’ll provide company details and important supporting documents like insurances and licences. You may also need to submit information on your Safety Management System (SMS) for review.
After your company is registered in the system, you will also register your employees, book their inductions, and order their site access cards.
Visit the Registration Process page to get started!
Pegasus creates services and solutions for contractor engagement and workforce engagement. They are managing the Contractor Management System on behalf of Whitehaven Coal.
- provides immediate access to data on contractors
- manages all training and inductions
- administers contractor and supplier compliance and pre-qualification documents
- manages the qualifications and competency, including licences and medicals, of all workers involved in a project
- awards accreditation upon successful completion of inductions and assessments
- provides tools for audit, investigation and inspection of contractors
- offers online and call centre support
- manages contractor performance over term of their contract